Sunday, June 10, 2012

How to Repair an Ariston Oven Door

The door of my friend's 15 year old Ariston electric oven has 2 problems:

  1. The oven door doesn't stay shut (old hinges with weakened springs).
  2. The inner glass has come partially unstuck, this means that the door lets heat out and that it is impossible to clean the door properly since the glass will likely come away completely.
I decided to break this post down into 3 key stages:




NOTE: Since the oven is about 15 years old I wasn't surprised when my local Ariston dealer told me that the hinges are no longer available. A few minutes searching online later I sourced replacements online. When the hinges arrived they turned out to be slightly different; They have only one spring instead of 2 and are fixed by 3.5mm screws instead of 4mm. Saying that they fit perfectly and work fine (as you can see in the photo above of the repaired oven).

8 comments:

  1. I had just repaired my ariston oven following your suggestions ... great job !

    Ciao from Italy

    Vincenzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vincenzo,

      Thanks for leaving a comment. I'm realy pleased to hear that my post has been useful to you.

      Delete
  2. Hello! These very helpful facts about that door, now I have an idea how to repair it myself.


    Mattress Cleaning Brisbane | Upholstery Cleaning Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just moved into a rental home with this type of oven and there are no markings left on the knobs. Is there somewhere to see what the settings are for knobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cindy,

    Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any manuals online for this ariston cooker and as you can see from the photos above the markings are also missing. I guess that its just too old.

    All I can tell you is that the left knob selects between grill, oven and fan oven (look at the elements to see which position is which) the middle knob is a timer (fully clockwise is maximum, I never use the timer myself, just crank it round to full so that the oven is turned on then watch the clock) and the right hand knob is temperature, fully clockwise is 250ºCentigrade.

    Hope this helps you at least a little.

    If you find a user manual somewhere for this oven please let me know

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems to be quite a common thing with Ariston ovens.

    These are really useful pages for learning how to take of off the oven door. Not only useful for fixing the door, but also for cleaning the oven door.

    Nice work :=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you're absolutely right removing the door definately makes it easier to clean the oven thoroughly.

      Delete